Pregnancy Safe Products
Pregnancy has made me wayyyy more aware of what I’m putting on and into my body. There’s a laundry list of ingredients that should be avoided during pregnancy for so many different reasons. Some can cause preterm labor, respiratory issues for the baby, birth defects, the list goes on and on. Since getting pregnant, my most commonly searched phrase has become “is __ pregnancy safe?” Today I wanted to share some of the products that I’ve been using and loving since becoming pregnant. An added bonus is many of these items are all natural products that are safer for everyone to use, not just while pregnant- YAY!
The majority of the skincare products I use are from Primally Pure. I love using this brand because it’s all natural so I can rest easy knowing I’m not putting tons of toxic chemicals on my body.
Here are my favorites:
- Lavender deodorant– they have tons of options- I’ve tried their tea tree, (regular) geranium, and lavender. I’d say my fave is the lavender, but that’s just scent preference.
- Mint beauty cream – I use this as my moisturizer
- Dry shampoo– I use the dark locks, but they also have dry shampoo for blondes too, plus I love that it’s a powder dry shampoo (yay for no aerosols!)
- Cleansing oil– I have naturally dry skin, but they have cleansing oil for normal, oily and dry skin.
- Eucalyptus body butter– If you’re a fan of body butter you’ll love this one- It’s so hydrating and a little bit goes a longgg way.
- Bath Salts– I’ve tried both the sea soak and the flower bath and loved them both! They smell super good and make baths way more relaxing plus they’re amazing on my sore pregnant bod haha.
My other pregnancy favorites are a hodge podge of brands below!
- Glow Organics Belly Butter– I use this every morning and night to help prevent stretch marks and it provides relief for itchy skin as your belly stretches
- Honest Company Shampoo & Conditioner– this is also baby safe and tear free so I plan to continue using the shampoo on myself and the baby when he comes. 🙂
- Belli Body Scrub– good for exfoliating!
- Aveeno Baby Sunscreen– I follow the general rule “if it’s safe for baby it’s safe for me”
- Witch Hazel Toner– I started using this before I was pregnant because I had heard great things and knew it was natural so I was happy this was one product I didn’t have to switch during pregnancy.
- Mambino Organics Body Oil– I use this after showering on my belly while my skin is still damp to help prevent stretch marks.
This post may contain affiliate links however opinions are my own.